September 12th is Global Female Condom Day and NYC Health will be out distributing and educating New Yorkers about female condoms, safer sex and reducing their risk of getting HIV and other STIs. Currently, 99% of all condoms distributed worldwide are male condoms and only 1% are female condoms. Female condoms are the only safer sex tools that enable women to directly control their risk of HIV, STIs and unintended pregnancy simultaneously.
The NYC Condom Availability Program will be distributing FC2s on 9/12 from 3-7pm at the following locations:
• Queens- 74th/Broadway/Roosevelt; R, M, E, F trains
• Brooklyn- Atlantic Terminal- 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, N, Q, R trains
• Staten Island- Staten Island Ferry terminal- Staten Island side
• Bronx- 161st/Yankee Stadium- 4, B, D trains
• Manhattan- 125th/Lexington- 4, 5, 6 trains
For more information on Global Female Condom Day you can visit the National Female Condom Coalition website. To learn more about NYC Health’s NYC Condom Availability Program visit the NYC Condom website, our NYC Condom Facebook page or call 311.